Beck Children's Three pieces Pencil Furniture Set Coat Tree, Bookcase, Desk and Chair

Beck Children's Three pieces Pencil Furniture Set Coat Tree, Bookcase, Desk and ChairThat was a present for my granddaughter.As I live in Europe I haven't seen the set in person but my daughter said it was delivered in good shape and there were no problems while assembling it which was very easy. I was tracking the delivery and it arrived exactly as estimated took about a week's time.I was told that my granddaughter enjoyed the desk very much especially the drawer, which was great fun to open and close and put her things in it.The next day she ran to the table first thing in the morning,sat at it and didn't want to go to the daycare wanted to spend the day sitting at the table and drawing.

This Beck Children's 3-piece furniture set was a really good value IF you're handy with tools. It was easy to put together, no screwdriver/hammer/glue needed. I had two problems: a couple of pieces were damaged during shipping (I was able to glue it back together), and 2 of the chair legs were the wrong length (I had to use a table saw to cut it down, and then it was fine).

Buy Beck Children's Three pieces Pencil Furniture Set Coat Tree, Bookcase, Desk and Chair Now

This set is great--brightly colored and easy to assemble with no tools involved; in fact my kid helped put it together.My 3 yo loves it, and the color scheme works for boys and girls.We use the desk drawer to store pencils and pens, and the shelves hold her papers, workbooks, etc.The coat tree is like a bonus.We were going to go with a more expensive brand, but she loved the colors and the pencil legs on this one.She is thrilled to be able to do "her work" on it.

I only give it 4 stars because as for durability, it's good but not perfect.The legs on the desk did seem a tad rickety, but that could be our hardwood floors (but also, what do you expect for $59 for the whole set?)It's about as durable and nice as Ikea, but easier to assemble, IMHO, and nicer wood.The desk drawer has fallen out a couple of times, but that's no big deal.Did I mention that it arrived in less than 3 days, even with the free shipping?Overall, I am very satisfied as this has a lot of bang for the buck.

Read Best Reviews of Beck Children's Three pieces Pencil Furniture Set Coat Tree, Bookcase, Desk and Chair Here

I found this set on sale for $24.99 a few days before Christmas, and I ordered one for my 21-month-old son and one as a gift for another baby.I threw in one other small item on each order to get the free shipping, because otherwise shipping cost more than the furniture itself.

I received it on Christmas Eve in good condition and was able to put it together quickly, despite "instructions" that are severely lacking: it was just one page with a picture of each item assembled, with nothing to tell you how many of each piece you should have and nothing labeled, much less any actual instruction on which piece goes with what.I was glad I'd taken note of other reviews here, especially the one warning that the two front chair legs are the shorter ones.No tools or supplies are needed to assemble these objects.The finished pieces are a good size for my son, and he is enjoying using them.

Some rough measurements: The chair seat is about 9.5 inches from the floor.The table is about 16.5 inches tall.The lowest pegs on the coat rack are about 25 inches from the floor, and the highest are at about 44 inches.The topmost shelf of the bookcase is about 27.5 inches up.

The furniture seems to me to be cheap quality (speaking only as a consumer; I know nothing about furniture-making).I think it will stand up well enough to my son's use of it, but if I had paid the full price of $60 I would have been very unhappy when I saw it.I do not think it is worth that price, even though you are getting 4 pieces of furniture.

I did have one problem: I was missing 2 pieces for the bookshelf, and so was unable to complete assembly.Actually, we had 2 extra chair legs instead.I could not find a way to contact the manufacturer, so I contacted Amazon.That very night (Christmas Eve), I got a reply from Amazon offering to cover the cost for me to return the entire set and have a replacement sent to me; they also provided the manufacturer's address, phone number, fax number, and email address.I did not want to disassemble everything, ship it all back, and then put it all together again; I hoped I could get just the 2 pieces I needed sent to me.I began trying to contact the manufacturer that same night.I waited longer than I usually would for a response, since it was the holidays.I got no reply at all to 2 emails, so I finally phoned them on January 5th.Thankfully, the first person who answered the phone was wonderfully polite and helpful, and got right on it.Initially she said she would check their stockroom, and if they didn't have those parts she would have them shipped to me from their factory in China; instead, Beck International paid for Amazon to ship me a whole new bookshelf of the same style (which, incidentally, came with better assembly instructions!).That kind of bothered me, because it seemed wasteful.Now I have a bookshelf and a half, and several spare parts.I guess I can't complain; they did try to make me happy, once I finally reached them.

Want Beck Children's Three pieces Pencil Furniture Set Coat Tree, Bookcase, Desk and Chair Discount?



The quality of this product is great but it is very very small.The shelves are about as tall as my 19 month old (about 33 inches) and the desk chair and desk are a good size for him.I bought this originally for my kindergarten classroom and I will use the desk as a table but there was no way I could use the chair in the classroom.

I do not think that the information about this was misleading but just not clear.I got it when it was on sale for $24.99WELL WORTH IT!But it's currently atand I don't think I would pay that much....

Save 11% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment