Fisher-Price Servin' Servin' Surprises High Chair Set

Fisher-Price Servin' Servin' Surprises High Chair SetI had contemplated building a small high chair so my daughter could feed her "babies". Then I saw this item and thought this looked pretty nice. It had good reviews and thought why not lets get this one. It arrived and I was surprised how small it is. She has only one doll that will fit in it. The tray of food that comes with the chair doesnt rest on the chairs tray. This is something my daughter kept trying to do and it was frustrating. As for the bottle "that "magically" fills when turned upside down" well thats just a lie. The "milk" is chunk of plastic that simple slides back and forth in the bottle. Nothing magical about that nor is it even realistic. The magic spoon although works doesnt work so well for a 2 year old. The sppon has to be lined up just right in the slot in order for it to change to the right food. Try explaining that to a 2 year old. My daughter just didnt have fun with it and after getting frustrated just ignores it now. I will probably get rid of it as I dont see her playing with it nor is she having fun.

I bought this set to go with my daughter's Servin' Surprises Kitchen Fisher-Price Servin' Surprises Kitchen & Table. While I like it as part of the overall set, I don't think it would be as great on it's own. Here is a list of pros & cons:

Pros:

-Durable high quality plastic. This won't break anytime soon.

-Big sized pieces for toddlers and preschoolers who might swallow them.

-Easy to assemble.

-The set requires no batteries. It can be used on it's own without the rest of the kitchen. When you put the food on the 'magic" tray that comes with the kitchen, the tray will sing songs because it recognizes a ring on the bottom. The set on it's own does not talk or sing.

Cons:

-The chair is very small. I assume this is so it won't warp or tip the table if you use a big doll? The problem is, you are going to need a small doll. We already have the Fisher Price doll that is pictured with it: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Hug 'n Giggle Baby, so that's not a big deal for us. It would also be the right size for the baby Stella dolls : Manhattan Toy Stella Doll, but anything bigger than that, and it's not going to work. If your child already has a favorite doll that is bigger, you may want to consider a different set.

-The chair & accessories are very girl oriented. I have a daughter, so it's not a big deal to me, but I know a lot of people who might be turned off by the pink and purple colors, especially if they have sons. The kitchen itself is gender neutral, so why can't this set be too?

-As mentioned in other reviews, it takes a bit of coordination to get the spoon in the food just right so it spins to the correct food. I honestly don't think my 18 month old will care. I see it as something that will grow with her and present a coordination challenge for her to work on. Other reviewers have mentioned that it is a problem for them.

-The food dish is very large and will not fit on the high chair tray. If you were using the set as a stand-alone piece instead of attached to the table, that might be annoying.

Overall, I like the set for my daughter. She is still small and the chunkier pieces will be great for her to use and for me to keep track of.

Buy Fisher-Price Servin' Servin' Surprises High Chair Set Now

I was very excited to get this toy for my three year old, who loves "feeding" her baby dolls.Now that she has it, I'm disappointed in the design of the chair.It is very, very small and hard to squeeze any doll into the seat.Once you do, it's pretty much impossible for my three year old to get the dolls back out!It's difficult for me to get them out, without practically breaking their legs!The tray does not slide on and off the chair, which is good for the purpose of not losing it but bad for the purpose of easy play (getting the doll in and out of the chair!). It is also rather difficult to press the spoon into the slots that change the food.And I agree with the other reviewer, the "magic milk" isn't anything special!

It's too bad, because the product looks awfully cute but it is just not easy for a child to use.I'm guessing that's the reason my daughter hasn't touched it since the day after we opened it! (The first day, when she did use it, she needed me to get her doll out of the seat every time).

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Servin' Servin' Surprises High Chair Set Here

She just absolutely loved it! You put them spoon into the food bowl and the spoon "magically" moves to what food she is spooning. The inside of the milk bottle moves to make it seem realistic. The booster chair is a little smaller than i imagined but it wouldn't stop me from purchasing. After all, it is for a small child! Yes, i would totally recommend.

Want Fisher-Price Servin' Servin' Surprises High Chair Set Discount?

My one and a half year old loves this, she immediately took the bottle and went to feed her babies (kinda took us by surprise as she rarely ever had bottles and doesn't have any other toy bottles)I wish the chair could be attached to the table in multiple places, but the screw holes are only in one place (across from the oven)The bottle has no real liquid in it, its a white piece of plastic, but its toy for a toddler, not a real bottle, and its larger in size than most of those toy bottles with liquid.Yes the chair is small, but we have had no problems fitting several different baby dolls (probably around the 12 inch size) and even a small stuffed cookie monster, i don't know if a larger diameter stuffed teddy bear would fit, but the chair can't be too big or it could possibly tip the table i suspect.The spoon can be difficult to get to turn correctly, IF you put it in upside down, but honestly i really don't think my 1 1/2 year old notices, she does notice it turns and that's about it.Its nice and big and a touch clunky, but not so much that it is hard for my small toddler to grasp.Needless to say, the table as a whole is one of the first toys my toddler goes to play with daily.I just wish there was more storage for all the 'kits' as the baby tray won't fit into the table.Also, the baby tray has to be pushed into the orange tray harder than the rest of them, and so is harder to get to come off.

Save 2% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment