Gamma X-2 Tennis Stringing Machine

Gamma X-2 Tennis Stringing MachineFor the money, this is one of the better stringing machines for the home stringer on a low budget.I didn't bother with the composite floating clamps, as I purchased Stringway double and triple flying clamps.After roughly 10 string jobs, I've cut my stringing time from 2 hours to about 40 minutes.Ratcheting function on the dropweight arm is one of the reasons I would recommend the X-2 over a similar dropweight such as the Klippermate (but I would strongly suggest switching to better flying clamps).Came with 12 sets of free string from Gamma and all the basic tools you need to complete a string job.Great machine for anyone wanting to start out in stringing (and it essentially pays for itself after 10 string jobs if you normally pay $15 to have it done at a pro shop).

This machine works great for the price.The ratcheting arm is easy and makes me wonder why all machines don't have it.Came with 12 sets of strings ranging from Gamma Asterik, Gamma TNT2 16 to Challenger Syn Gut and Advantage 15L guage.Also, they throw in some grips, racquet gauze tape, and a usrsa stringing manual which is much more helpful than their manual.For instance, the assembly figure in their manual shows sliding the weight onto the dropweight arm with the tightening clamp facing up, but in the description it says it should face down (I believe the written description is correct).Also, it's not so clear from the pictures, but the small round metal ring supplied goes on the post of the turntable to raise it up slightly so that racquets don't hit the string winder during 360° rotation.The USRSA manual provides racquet stringing examples, knots, how to start mains and is very thorough.THere are a lot of good videos on youtube for othere helpful tips.Performance is great.I strung 3 racquets and they play very well and feel as crisp as a professional string job to my amateur hands.The flying clamps are sufficient, but I've found I have to tighten them more when starting the mains to prevent slippage.A starting clamp would have been nice.You can back off the tightness of the flying clamps after that so as not to damage any strings.Well worth the money, and the string package makes it such a great deal.

Buy Gamma X-2 Tennis Stringing Machine Now



This machine is good for personal stringing.I've been using it to string my badminton rackets and it works well.But it does take a bit of time to string one racket, hence not recommended for professional stringers.Gamma also includes a bunch of strings to test out for free.Even their top of the line ones.

The only negative thing I don't like about the machine is the manual.I don't think it's as comprehensive as it should be.Also, the clamps are not as nice to work with.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this to those personal stringers out there.

Read Best Reviews of Gamma X-2 Tennis Stringing Machine Here



I've played tennis for over 30 years but never strung a racquet. I wanted to begin doing my own string for economics, for time savings, for less hassle.

I purchased the bargain basement,X-2 stringing machine, figuring I only had to string 8 or 9 racquets before it paid for itself. At that time, I could upgrade to a better machine and I'd be that much smarter about the ins and outs of stringing machines.

The Gamma X-2 is a nice package: complete tools for stringing, a stringing guide, and a collection of Gamma strings to begin working with. The machine's manual WAS worthless but there was a stringing guide with the package of Gamma strings. This provided most of the stringing information I needed to complete a job.

I've learned a lot about stringing after completing one job.

The floating clamps are not the best. My fingers are ripped up with cuts; I don't exactly know why except it has to do with unclamping tight strings. It takes a lot of effort to unclamp the strings and not slice your fingers up at the same time.

The other design flaw I see is the drop weight and its alignment with the racquet string. The alignment is not always perpendicular to the winding head so, especially under tension, the string wants to wander and disappear into cracks.

In summary, I'm happy with the purchase and glad to be stringing my own and friends' racquets. If my racquets are strung poorly, I have no one to blame but myself.

Want Gamma X-2 Tennis Stringing Machine Discount?

I recently got back into tennis and wanted to string my own rackets.I attempted to string my own rackets in high school but failed because the instructions were soo poor I just simply gave up.I wanted to give stringing a try again so I purchased this machine on amazon.com for the low price of $159 shipped.Again, the instructions weren't that great but since there's youtube videos on how to string with this particular machine so I wasn't worried.Assembly instructions were very straight forward and I quickly began to string my rackets with the help of some youtube videos.The clamps are made of out plastic but are very durable and I didn't notice any problems with its like other reviewers.The machine held the tennis racket tight and didn't move.Included in the package had 5 sets of Gamma strings (TNT, (2) Syn Gut w/ durawear, Asterisk, and Revelation 16 to use which I approximate to be a $40-50 dollar value. My first time string jobs took me about 1.5hrs since I was doing thing very slowly, but now I can do a casual 2 piece string job in about 45 minsOverall a great product for home stringing.

Save 42% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment