P'Kolino Little Reader Chair

P'Kolino Little Reader Chair, GreenThis company is taking advantage of the good reviews that the old chair got to sell more of the new lower quality stuff. This product should really be sold under a different name and have its own reviews. It's smaller, lighter and less dense than the original, basically a totally different product. Not fair! And, it should sell for half the price of the original one. I'm not returning mine because my time more important. Just wanted to warn everybody.

This screams Bait and Switch!

05/14/2012 update

The manufacturer contacted me and offered to send a free replacement. I received it today and it is a lot better than the 1st one. I'm a happy customer now. I'm keeping my original review, because all the votes apply to it and it would not be fair for amazon shoppers to remove it. I am changing my rating from 1 to 4 stars though.

UPDATE (08.11.2011):

In talking with P'Kolino, there was a manufacturing problem with the chairs "Made in USA".They sent me one that was "Made in China", like my original one, and it is perfect.

-------------------

I purchased my first P'Kolino Little Reader Chair in Green on Sept 15, 2009.That is a 5 star chair; very happy with it.

With the addition of another child, we purchased another chair (in Purple) on July 24, 2011.This chair is much lighter than the older one.

The older chair has a high density foam in it, and weighs in at 1678g (3.7 lbs).

The new chair is less dense than the original one, and weighs in at 1004g (2.2 lbs).

The older chairs feel like they are more stable than the newer ones.I don't have any concerns about my kids climbing in and out of the old one.The new one, I could see someone taking a tumble.

Not too happy about it.I will see what Amazon / P'Kolino have to say.

Buy P'Kolino Little Reader Chair Now

This is one of my best purchases for my 16 month old daughter.I hesitated at first because of the price, but my daughter's reaction more than made up for the cost.She LOVES it.It is the only thing that got her to sit still for more than 30 seconds at a time.She actually sits herself in the chair and looks at books by herself.It's the perfect size for her now... and should still fit her well for another few years.It's foam & has a sturdy wide base, so she can't hurt herself with it.It has a handle in the back & is light enough for her to carry wherever she pleases.And the fabric cleans easily with a damp rag.What more could you ask for?

Read Best Reviews of P'Kolino Little Reader Chair Here

This is a cute chair but smaller than I expected.Also, be aware that the cover doesn't come off, so there's really no way to wash it.My 18 month old loves having a chair of his own though, so for us, this was a worthwhile purchase.

Want P'Kolino Little Reader Chair Discount?

I bought this chair for my son in October 2009.It has been a great chair and withstood the test of time with an active toddler.I used to recommend it to all my friends with kids.Now, I have just received a new one for my second child and it is really well, kind of crappy.The inner foam is less rigid and substantial.The outer fabric is thinner and flimsy.And, they have modified the design so that the zipper which before was relatively small and discreetly located underneath, is now located along the back of the chair and runs the entire length of the chair. As the instructions specifically state that the user should never remove the cover, this is clearly a cost cutting measure. Not only does the giant zipper make it uglier, but also seems to me like it will be a risky temptation for curious little hands and fingers.

I agree with the other reviewer.I think P'Kolino is taking advantage of their high ratings and has greatly decreased the quality of their product at the cost of the consumer, which in this case is a young child.Shame on them.

Save 5% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment