Melissa & Doug Deluxe First Bead Maze

Melissa & Doug Deluxe First Bead MazeI bought this toy originally thinking I would leave it at out-of-town grandma's.However, it was small enough that I decided to bring it home.It has suction cups on the bottom, which allow you to use it on a high chair or other place.My 8 month old likes to spin the pieces and is growing more interested in moving them around.Very well made.Would highly recommend.Only reason it's 4 stars instead of 5 is b/c it's a liked toy, but not a loved toy.

I have not bought this toy yet, but am interested in one of the other Melissa & Doug bead mazes. I called them because of the review referring to arsenic. They assured me there isn't any, and they have safety certificates. Just wanted to inform everyone.

Buy Melissa & Doug Deluxe First Bead Maze Now

We got this toy for our 9 month old since he loves the bead mazes. It is small and portable, which is nice for traveling.The wood is smooth with no rough edges.The only minor inconvenience is that the suction cups don't work that well.Our 9 month old and 3 year old love this toy.

Read Best Reviews of Melissa & Doug Deluxe First Bead Maze Here

I got this for my son for Christmas and not even two days of him playing with it there were little tiny paint chips all over his high chair and hands! I was VERY upset, I know they say the paint is non-toxic but I still don't want my son ingesting paint chips! I really like the idea of having a bead maze on his high chair but not this one!! I would not buy again!!

Want Melissa & Doug Deluxe First Bead Maze Discount?

I bought this for my 4 1/2 month old because she seemed to concentrate on part of her Baby Einstein Musical Motion Activity Jumper, Blue that was a similar activity (moving the blue and yellow musical notes on the purple bar if you have it at home).The indications were for 1 year +, so I figured worst case scenario we would just put it away if she wasn't ready for it yet.Boy, am I glad we got the bead maze early!At 4 1/2 months, she would stick her tongue out while she focused on moving the beads.It took her a couple weeks before she could shift them from one side to the other, but she definitely hasn't mastered it yet (we've had it for 6 weeks) which makes me feel like this toy will maintain her interest for a while.The paint doesn't seem like it would chip, despite her scratching at it with her razor-like fingernails and the beads constantly banging against the wires.The colors are vibrant, and it's lightweight.It's the perfect size to attach to her Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat Blue/Green/Gray before or after meals, or when she's joining us at the dinner table.

I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because of the suction cups... they are great 90% of the time, but it sometimes they don't stick where I want (the plastic tray of the booster) and I can't get it off of the surface where I don't want it (the dining table)!Not a big deal, and I don't think it can be improved, but it is noticeable.Would still recommend it and getting it earlier than later!

Addendum 2/19/12:Daughter is now 10 1/2 months old.We put the bead maze away a couple months ago because she started gnawing on the wooden beads, enough that the wood and paint were being compromised.I know it's non-toxic paint, but we took it away (just like we did her other wooden puzzles and books that she chews).I read an idea from a parenting magazine where a dad said he put suction-cupped toys on the window.We put this and 2 other toys with suction cups on a window in her play room now that she's standing and walking... she loves them!She stands at the window and moves the beads on this toy, then goes to the next toy like she's on an assembly line... and doesn't chew on it anymore, even though she still tries to eat her books.So glad I read this (and wished I had come up with it myself...) so had to share!

Save 17% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment