Thomas the Train: Take-n-Play Rescue from Misty Island

Thomas the Train: Take-n-Play Rescue from Misty IslandJust bought this take and play set for my 3 year old and he loves it. We cannot wait for the new Thomas movie"Misty Island Rescue" to come out on Blu Ray. We have the Misty Island story book and my son wants to read it every night before bed. I purchase items from Amazon a lot, but I always check to see if someone else has the same item for a better price, and Walmart sells this set for $39.97. I wish they also sold the new characters Dash and Bash to go with the set.

I bought this for my almost three year old. He loves it, he loves using the toy as it is intended and either repairing it or getting me to repair it and I don't think that is the intended use. Its gotten its money's worth in play time but the minute it falls off the radar screen after Christmas it is disappearing into the abysss of the basement because it is a sore in my side. He loves Thomas and Misty Island so that compensates for a great deal. Also please note that box of this item is quite deceiving.If your child found this at a store they might be dismayed as to the contents. It shows a boat that appears to be in water (boat sorry I forget his name) sold seperately. Mommy knows this because she played beatthe clock at the toy store getting said boat when child realized it wasn't part of the set.

Buy Thomas the Train: Take-n-Play Rescue from Misty Island Now



I love that this toy fold up and is great to store or travel.My 2 year old boys love it and are still playing with it everyday after 2 months.My only complaint is that the little rumble track broke after about a month and it doesnt stay assembled all that well.Lots of putting the track stands and tunnel back on but that may also be because my boys are a little young to be very careful.Overall great toy especially for the money.

Read Best Reviews of Thomas the Train: Take-n-Play Rescue from Misty Island Here

I was quite disappointed!I've always felt that Thomas the Train toys were well made and very durable and had great play and learning value.This particular toy was made very cheaply!! The track was so flimsy that the train rarely made it down to the bottom and the track support kept falling off.My 4 yr. old grandson liked it okay at first but when the train kept falling off, he soon lost interest.I think the only educational value this toy had was to teach what happens when a train can't stay on tracks!!!!

Want Thomas the Train: Take-n-Play Rescue from Misty Island Discount?



My son LOVES the take along sets, he loves them more than any other toy he has, but something about this set just bores him a little.

The "stand" that holds up the top rails is rather flimsy, if you knock it out of it's socket then it falls down. Well, he's 2, and he's tough on his toys and if he has a train running around on the bottom rail (figure 8) will knock the pole off. Also the stands that holds the curvy rails up is a little bit iffy.

The one thing my son liked about this was that the top jiggles (it takes a little effort to set the shaking motion, but with a little help from mom, it works), and the jiggling pushes the cars onto the bridge and proceed to the decline down the curvy ramp and onward. The crane is interesting to him as well.

Maybe we're spoiled and used to the other sets that have noises and talks. I think if this set made some sounds, it would keep him interested. The "breakaway" door is kitsch. The thing folds up really quickly and it's compact I can see us travelling with it, but not portable enough to play on an airport or car (it's pretty big and fits up to half of our train table)...

We love his other sets talking knapford station, waterwall, train wash...really fun..this one, eh. I wish we had bought a trackmaster set for what we paid for this...

0 comments:

Post a Comment