Bright Starts Having a Ball Get Rollin Activity Table

Bright Starts Having a Ball Get Rollin Activity TableMy 9 month old has had this table for 2 months so far.. and I'm embarrassed to say that she plays with it for hours a day, though not all at one sitting.I researched the Fisher Price and V-Tech version of similar tables (and watched my daughter play with them at friends' houses) this one is so much better!It seems like there are more activities than the others.We started without the legs, added them a month ago.She loves it both ways, and we'll probably take the legs off again soon just to change things up.

As another reviewer mentioned, the functionality switches between "play" and "learn" mode by flipping the page of the book.There are so many melodies (English and Spanish too) that even after hearing it daily, my husband and I still think we're hearing new songs.We don't find them annoying at all.Actually, to correct the other reviewer, the "red triangle", "blue circle", etc audio corresponds to the buttons of the caterpillar that are the corresponding color and have that shape on them.It's pretty obvious if you sit down and play with your child.

The alligator mouth covers a compartment that is great for hiding the balls or puffs/Cheerios.My little girl loves to find things there.She even knows the sound associated with the alligator door and comes crawling to look for food if she hears it.One of the smartest things that Bright Starts did was to make the 1,2,3 buttons so that they click and pop out.It's hard to describe, but it's different than just pushing a button the child gets feedback and it's easier to operate.Initially, my baby couldn't figure out how to push buttons on any of her toys.These were easier for her to manipulate and seemed to help her figure out the "cause and effect" of the other buttons.

Of course, the ball slide is a huge part that sets this table apart from the others.We have so much fun watching her try to stop the balls from falling into the hole and then chasing them around after the come out of the leg.The balls are the perfect size for little hands, too.It comes with six 2 each of red, yellow and blue.

The toy will automatically play a random tune about 30 seconds after the last button/activity was activated.At first we thought it was broken.We were wrong it's actually genius.I cannot count how many times my kid has gotten fussy or wandered away from the toy and been drawn back by that reminder song.Just so you know, it's on purpose!We honestly thought it was haunted the first few nights when it would play songs after we had cleaned up even though no one was playing with it.

At 9 months, she has not yet mastered the yellow spinner or the gear-like activity.She also doesn't reliably let the balls go down the slide on purpose.Due to this, I foresee her playing with this for at least another year if not longer.It's really been a lifesaver since she became mobile and hated being constrained by her jumper.I will say that I got this around the holidays for around twenty-four bucks.I think the Amazon price is a little high because, according to the packaging, this model is made just for Toys R Us.You should be able to find it for significantly less there.

There are quite a few of these sit-to-stand activity tables on the market and I've had the opportunity to see the other brands that my friends own. I ultimately chose this one because it had an extra element of fun. While the little light up, noise-making, turny toys on the top (similar to all the others models) are interesting for a few minutes, the real fun comes with the ball drop. It works likes a billiards table. You first drop or roll the ball down through the center hole (creating fun noises in the process). The ball then ends up dropping down one of the four legs of the table. This is by far my 1 year old son's favorite part of this toy. I'm not sure how long he would remain interested had this feature not been included. The only problem I have encountered is that occasionally the ball gets 'stuck' inside. It's an easy fix (throw something else in after it) and my son doesn't even seem to notice. His second favorite thing would be opening and closing the alligator's mouth and hiding the balls inside. He loves to open and close things. As the prior reviewer stated, it is a nice feature that you can switch from English to Spanish. I am really happy that we decided to get this one!

Buy Bright Starts Having a Ball Get Rollin Activity Table Now

It's fine, it works, it isn't unsafe. I used it without the legsfor a bit...it tends to tip if baby pulls on it too much when pulling themselves up.

It's super busy with lots of lights, noises, etc.it seems a bit possessed as it goes off for no reason.I don't think this is an effective toy to teach 'cause and effect' as it claims...if you look at itfunny, it makes a new noise .I can only imagine a kid just likes the lights and sounds more than figuring out, " hey! If I push that button, I hear this song."

Speaking of noises and sounds...let's talk about the noises and sounds on this thing.Holy crap, it's hands down the single most annoying toy in my house! I cannot emphasize this enough.The singing voice used pushes me into a homocidal rage.I even turned it on to the Spanish setting hoping that would help.It didn't.

My son doesn't seem interested in it if it isn't blinking and stabbing my brain with the 10,000th rendition of 'ten little fishies' that I've heard that day.

Oh, also, the sticker came off the book within the first day or two that we used it.

So, it gets 3 stars because, while my son doesn't LOVE it, he does enjoy it but I take two stars away because it makes mommy want to throw herself out the window.:)

I would say listen to it before you purchase it and decide if it is something that will drive you insane.

Read Best Reviews of Bright Starts Having a Ball Get Rollin Activity Table Here



I purchased this table for my son from Target. He began showing an interest in standing very early, but I made him wait until he could crawl well before I would really start supporting his standing. I had been eyeing this activity table in the store for months! I was so happy when it was time to bring it into our house! We got it one afternoon while he was visiting his aunt. When he came home, it was all set-up and waiting for him. He had the BIGGEST smile on his face when we stood him up and showed him to put the balls in the chute. The next day, I was cleaning up and I noticed some smudges in the yellow coloring, where the balls fall into the center of the table. Out of curiosity, I reached my hand into it and touched one. Turns out, it disappeared. It was dirt. It was in the track where the balls were rolling. The same balls that my child plays with, using his hands and his mouth. I had to take it out of his sight until I had a chance to disassemble it and clean it out. I have pictures of the dirt. It is pretty unacceptable and neglectful to just not clean a part. The cardboard and the top of the table were not dirty, it was only the inside. I will be much more hesitant with my Bright Starts purchases in the future.

Want Bright Starts Having a Ball Get Rollin Activity Table Discount?



My mother gave this toy as a gift for my son when he was 10 months old. It's become his favorite toy. He loves to walk around it and spends a lot of time dropping the ball in the middle and looking for where the ball comes out. Ir definitely encourages him to stand and cruise and I really like that it has Spanish and English options for the sound and music. GREAT toy, I don't know what we'd do without it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment