Pennsylvania Flyer G-Gauge Train Set

Pennsylvania Flyer G-Gauge Train Set
  • Highly-detailed G-Gauge steam locomotive
  • Authentic train sounds, including bell and whistle, working headlight
  • Freight cars feature fixed knuckle couplers
  • Remote control features clearly marked buttons that allow the user to make the train go forward/backwards, sound the whistle, and to ring the bell

Given the other reviews of model trains, I was nervous about this, especially since it seemed so inexpensive--I had really low expectations! But we've had it running under our tree for a week now, successfully. My little guy is 4 and my daughter is 7 and it's true what other reviews say--kids that young can't put the track together themselves, or get the train cars on the track properly. But if an adult gets it all set up for them, they're perfectly capable of running the train, and in the case of my kids, they make small toys ride on top of the cars, etc, to entertain themselves. They really enjoy it. And the batteries the train came with have been sufficient so far, though we have backups waiting! I recommend this as a good under-the-tree train for not TOO much cash, especially compared to the other sets out there.

Buy Pennsylvania Flyer G-Gauge Train Set Now

I'm a model train enthusiast. I purchased this set & the Harry Potter set thinking to put 'em on my outside "G" scale layout for a quick & easy run for the kids. To be sure, these sets are toys, not models, but I knew that when I saw 'em. I paid about $50@ at a train show. The good news is, they're good toys. Their remotes offer variable speeds foreward & reverse. They chuff when they roll with bell & whistle sound. The remote is good to about 30' with light obstructions (shrub, plants, plastic landscape). The battery case will hold C-cells or a ni-cad pack. The bad news... as toys, they lack detail. The freight set loco needs its leading wheels "tuned-up" to stay on the track reliably. The sound isn't very loud though adequate for indoor use. I'd say both are worth $50~$70.Here's a coupon... I opened the remote, planning to extend the antenna for better range. I found a 3rd, unexposed push-button.I made it work & to my delight, pushing it makes the Harry Potter loco play a songbook of Christmas Carols & the Freight loco welcome me to the "Polar Express". This, of course, voids the warrantee, but I'm not worried about it. These aren't the $$$ models I'm usually looking to collect. If you're looking for a decent toy train layout, these are a good choice not great, but good. They're considerably superior to some other model train knock-offs I've seen. Bottom line, I'd buy 'em again.

Read Best Reviews of Pennsylvania Flyer G-Gauge Train Set Here

Don't waste your money on this one! I bought this train for my 5-year old grandson. Not only could he not use it, but it was difficult for adults to keep on the cheaply made track. If you are looking for a fun train for children, this is not it. If you are looking for a train just to whiz around your Christmas tree, I'd skip this one. Also, it was supposed to smoke...didn't do that either. If I had bought it for my own use, I would have returned it. It was embarrassing to give as a gift. Who knew? The reviews sounded good, so I bought it. Hopefully this review will keep others from doing the same.

Want Pennsylvania Flyer G-Gauge Train Set Discount?



I got this at an after Christmas sale at Bed Bath and Beyond for a great price. Saved it until next Christmas morning only to find that it would go for a while and stop. Turns out that was just half dead batteries, so a quick fix. It then went around the track three times really good and then stopped and had a grinding gear sound inside. So much for Christmas morning fun. I took it to a train store and they were no help. I had to deal with Lionel over the phone. Send the locomotive back and then get a new one. THIS Christmas I got it out again and so far the kids are having a ball with it. It's true that it's not the easiest thing to put together. An adult will have to snap the track pieces together and sometimes they don't stay snapped very good. The black wheels on a black track also can be frustrating for a child to make sure everything is on track. I've given my kids a small flashlight to play "conductor" and check all the wheels before taking off. The kids are having a great time putting just about every toy that can fit in the flat bead car for a ride. When it works, it's great, otherwise I'd give it only one star.

Save 25% Off



and then it died.The remote cover broke when we put the batteries in it the first time, that should have been all the clue we needed, but we went ahead and set it up.Total running time about an hour, maybe, then the remote and the train decided not to talk to each other anymore, and it would go down the track about 6 inches and turn itself off.Amazon did give us a full refund, though, thank you for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment