Green Silicone Tournament Chess Mat - 20 Inch Board with 2.25 Inch Squares

Green Silicone Tournament Chess Mat - 20 Inch Board with 2.25 Inch SquaresI bought this because the standard vinyl rollup board I've had for years always unrolls with "memory," meaning it doesn't really lay flat. Also, because it's a cloth material on the bottom, it doesn't do so well around stains and other various goobers it may be placed on. It still works fine, it's just a little gross.

Enter this silicone chess mat. I can fold it up to transport and it takes up less space in my bag, yet it still rolls out flat. Awesome. I can spill stuff on it then rinse it off under water. Sweet. The size of the squares is great and the text is clear and easy to read. Right on.

Consider, though, that this IS made of thin silicone. Therefore, it's going to be more susceptible to piercing (don't play on top of forks, knives, or rocks!) Additionally, it's a bit more "grippy" when compared to your traditional mousepad-style or vinyl mats, so not only do the pieces not slide as smooth, but it hangs onto hair, dust, and other small particles better (although easily rinsed, as mentioned above).

I knew the pros and cons before I bought it. I still bought it. I've been very happy with it.

At first I really liked this board and I still think its a worthy product but since I ordered a mouse pad type (similar to this one: Mousepad Chess Board 20"x20") I don't think I'll use it anymore.Its rolled up in the closet unused at the moment as it collects a lot of dirt and hair and it feels kind of funny; as though it came from a medical establishment or maybe that halloween mask texture. It just feels odd when I roll it up and store it in the chess bag and since my chess club plays at the local mall's food court, I get to see all the stuff that I thought I'd wiped off the table stuck to the board.It does lay very flat every time and the colors are vivid.If the goal were to ball or fold it up into a small bag, this board has an advantage over the vinyl or mouse pad type, but I use a regular tournament chess bag so this isn't a concern for me.If it weren't for my issues with the texture and mainly the dirt collecting, I would use it exclusively.This is my preference though and I won't give it less than four stars as it does what it says and is of good quality.

Buy Green Silicone Tournament Chess Mat - 20 Inch Board with 2.25 Inch Squares Now

This silicone chess mat is incredible!Great looking (green and white squares)!Scrunch it up and throw it in a bag and take it to your club/tournament take it out of the bag and it rolls out completely flat (exactly as advertised).The only negative is that it picks up lint/dust fairly easily because the silicone material is slightly tacky.It cleans up easily with a wet towel.This is really a fantastic chess mat for the casual or serious player.

Read Best Reviews of Green Silicone Tournament Chess Mat - 20 Inch Board with 2.25 Inch Squares Here

This product was exactly what I wanted in a chessboard/ The price was very reasonable/

. The delivery time was extraordinarily fast. The quality of the chessboard is very good American Family Boardgames consistantly makes or carries good proiductsa at reasonable prices.

Want Green Silicone Tournament Chess Mat - 20 Inch Board with 2.25 Inch Squares Discount?

Comparing this new silicone board to the common vinyl roll-up boards, the silicone would need a lot of getting used to. I like the vinyl much more. The silicone feels just like rubber and is VERY floppy. It's not easy to roll up. It even stretches like rubber (and I'm sure some people would love this). It's not for me.

Save 37% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment