Minnesota Fats MFT655 Westmont 7.5-Foot Billiard Table Package

Minnesota Fats MFT655 Westmont 7.5-Foot Billiard Table PackageI purchased this product from another retailer, but thought it might be helpful to review on Amazon.

Let me start with a CAUTION:There is a lot of false information in reviews as to what "slate core" means.I've seen folks describe it a a layer of slate sandwiched in between two layers of MDF.Wrong.Probably the best definition I've found is "Slate-Core is a resin injected, pressure treated board that resists warping.It essentially petrifies the wood making it as hard as a rock and a perfect surface for playing pool on."Bottomline, it's not slate.From underneath, it looks like a very dense fiber board.But it is very heavy, and so far, level.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this table.My three teen age boys have never played pool before and they are having a ball.And although I grew up with a very nice slate table in my home, this is an acceptable substitute ... much better than some I've seen.

Observations.

Doesn't roll quite as fast as slate.But for the price, I didn't expect it to.

Cushions are a little dead compared to high end tables, but again, for the price, that's exactly what I expected.

Table is very heavy.I didn't weigh it, but the box it was delivered in was definitely more than the advertised 308 pounds.It took four people to load it in the back of my pickup truck (I picked it up in the box at the store I purchased it from); three to get it out and into my basement.

Assembly was easy.The table top is pre-assembled.All you have to assemble is the legs (first assemble the legs, then attach them to the table bed).Took me less than an hour by myself.

Easy to level the table.Each table leg has leg levelers.I set up the table on a tile floor laid over concrete, so it was a level and stable floor to start with.That obviously made leveling pretty easy.Can't speak to what it would be like on a different floor type.

I can't assess how well it will last.The frame is all fiber board, so I would expect it might warp a bit over time, making leveling increasingly difficult.Only time will tell.But if Amazon still sells this a year from now, I'll update my review.

Hope this helps you a little.If you can afford slate, buy it.But in my case, with three sons who have never played pool before, this table so far is outstanding.I'm very pleased.

Save 40% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment