PlanToys Road & Rail Adventure Play Set

PlanToys Road & Rail Adventure Play SetI love Plan Toys and have puchased many of them over the years. While I have been happy with most of their products, once in a while, we are disappointed. My son loves playing with the wooden train sets at peoples homes we visit, so we wanted to start his own for Christmas. After looking all over, I decided on this one because it was compatable with the Plan City roads, which we also liked, and would try to add to over time. First, I didn't realize that all the tracks are not double sided like other wooden brands so that the pieces are flippable to make more configurations.Because of this, you can really only build the included plan and not much else which doesn't make this set very versatile, and my almost three year old (and his five year old brother) has to have help putting it together.Then during play, the mountain tracks are bumped and easily knocked apart. The pieces are not very uniform in height and width, which was disappointing, and the included trees will not stand very well on carpet. In addition, after only playing with the set a few times, one of the curved tracks has already split apart (and my son is not a rough player).Overall, it is a very cool set, but definately for older children, and if I'd realized how it compares to other sets we've seen, I would probably not have chosen this one. The quality we find in most toys from this manufacturer was just lacking in the set we received.



I first want to say that I love Plan Toys and what they provide: inventive, eco-friendly, safe, wooden toys. That said this was an extreme let down on Christmas morning, good thing we spoil our kid and had other presents ease the disappointment. So what's wrong with it? Well the track pieces have rounded edges and are not uniform and very loose fitting, this makes the track not line up properly and the cars fall off continuously. The real disappointment is that there is just nothing else out there this cool in train sets, and I think this is something in their Quality Control Department that could have been prevented. Regardless, I will still remain a Plan Toys customer and hope that they fix this problem, as I would definitely buy it again.

Buy PlanToys Road & Rail Adventure Play Set Now



If you use the track pieces with the pre-drilled holes for the tree tops, then the tree tops act as guard rails.The guard rails keep the cars from flying off the track.I glued the free standing trees near some of the areas along the tracks to also act as guard rails.The set's cars stay on the tracks and I have also used the Thomas battery operated trains on this set.Super fun.I think wood glue is definitely required.

Read Best Reviews of PlanToys Road & Rail Adventure Play Set Here

We take classes at a toddler play space and they have this train set set up in the front. Needless to say it has seen a lot of play and a lot of abuse and looks great. In fact, we've played with it so much and liked it so well I've given it as a gift to our local train museum.

This set is really designed to be assembled and probably glued together, probably on a train table. You can reconfigure the tracks of course but that isn't really what it is designed for. It is a very cool track set to be assembled in the manner pictured.

My son is into building a new road and rail set every day and we have PT tracks almost exclusively. They are nice quaility and come together well.

Want PlanToys Road & Rail Adventure Play Set Discount?



I really love the look of the Adventure Rail Set from Plan Toys.It's unlike anything else around.I also love Plan Toys as a company and have been very happy with the durability of most of their toys.This set is no exception.It's very durable and is made of wood, not plastic.The one caveat with this set is that the mountain (green) pieces don't stay upright all the time, especially with my toddler running around the train table.I would have liked to have seen the criss-crossing green pieces fit a little tighter so they don't fall over as easily.That being said, there are several different configurations for this rail set and we've found a few that work for us, and more importantly, for my son.I also love the fact that you can incorporate the other "big name" sets in with this one: Brio, Thomas, etc.The best addition we made to this set was buying the SureTrack pieces to keep the rail together; they are a life saver!

Save 29% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment