Bachmann Trains The Frontiersman Ready-to-Run N Scale Train Set

Bachmann Trains The Frontiersman Ready-to-Run N Scale Train Set
  • American 4-4-0 steam locomotive and tender
  • 4 Freight cars and bobber caboose
  • 34" x 24" oval of nickel silver E-Z Track
  • Power pack and speed controller
  • Illustrated instruction manual

I have purchased this set and am mostly happy with it..the track can ba a little difficult to get together correctly at first...but was able to get it setup with no problems... the information that comes with this set lets you know about certain need to know things like lubricating and shows different track designs(most need aditional track components)..overall happy with this purchase and looking forward tomaking my first layout bigger and better..I suggest that you do alot of research before buying...

Buy Bachmann Trains The Frontiersman Ready-to-Run N Scale Train Set Now



I bought this Bachman as my Grandson's third train knowing full well that he would need assistance and supervision with it (he is a very active six year old).He had a Bachman HO and I have had two G gauge Bachman's, so I was aware they were at the low end in train quality (not LGB, MTH or Lionel in quality).

Let me state that this train was always operated by my grandson with either my or my daughter's suervision, we knew all too well what might happen if he were left to his own devices! I bought it with the idea that it would fit well on the dinning room table and would be easy for me or his mother to set-up in a short period of time.

While the engine and are cars are very detailed, they are not durable and not well constructed (couplers are super CHEAP)!!!

Immediately after the first run, a screw fell out of the right side driver's (try getting that back in!)

Then I discovered that the drivers on each side were not properly set up, so that the engine wobbles from side to side as it runs.I checked all the other screws in the engine, and all were loose. IF you buy one of these trains, checked the screws in the engine drivers and the one on the underside of the engine at regular intervals as they work loose frequently.I re-set the drivers by removing the bottom retaining plate and moving the position of the drivers on one side -I did this repeatedly until I reduced the side-to-side wobble to a minimum, but it was not eliminated.I can only conclude that this is a design flaw (just look at the plastic drive shaft from the tender to the engine!!!) that is the result of cut-rate engineering and manufacturing.While it is not meant to be a Fisher-Price toy, it is not even adult qualiity.

I really don't believe this train is worth $100 or more -probably $30 or $40 at most.

Read Best Reviews of Bachmann Trains The Frontiersman Ready-to-Run N Scale Train Set Here



The locomotive (a replica of the "Jupiter") and cars in this set are smaller that one usually encounters since they represent trains as they were in the 19th Century. But, don't let the small size of the locomotive fool you...it's a very powerful little engine. The motor is in the tender and transmits the power to the drive wheels on the locomotive. It easily pulls the five freight cars included and will pull a couple additional cars. Remember, trains were not long back then! You should be pleased with this beauty. There is a lifetime limited waranty on the locomotive.

Want Bachmann Trains The Frontiersman Ready-to-Run N Scale Train Set Discount?

Terrible product that broke within a few days of careful use. I would like to return the product but the Bachmann company will not return my voice message or my email. Can you help me please. Thank you! Sincerely, Jeremy Harper

Save 40% Off

Yes another great product from Bachmann, thanks again for supply us these beautiful trains sets.You cant go wrong with Bachmann

0 comments:

Post a Comment