Goldar, Barbarian Hero

Goldar, Barbarian HeroThis is the FIRST miniature I ever bought. It is to add/replace pawns in my HeroQuest game. I liked how Goldar looked: a Fearsome Barbarian. ⊙_☉

He's heavy... the original barbarian weighs 0.125 oz. Goldar weighs 1.125 oz. The Reaper packaging says P-65 Heavy Metal, so common sense says that's why he's heavy (◠‿◠)

He seems sturdy. I think we'll get a lot of use out of him before too much wear and tear shows on him. I did notice that we'll need to be mindful of his ax on account of the metal material being a bit soft -reminds me of pewter. Perhaps that is the "P" ???

I look forward to painting him. Meanwhile, I guess he is the Stone Barbarian! I definitely see myself purchasing more Reaper brand minis.

9/13 Edit: I was just surfing the web and noticed Wikipedia's entry on Reaper's minis; I was right about the "P"I know, you guys with RPG knowledge already knew that! But I'm a clueless newbie, and we gotta start somewhere. (◠‿◠) "Reaper Miniatures is an American manufacturer of pewter figurines in the 25-35 mm scale, which include fantasy and science fiction figures."

0 comments:

Post a Comment