Activity Table

Activity Table Finish: Sanded/UnfinishedI am an amateur woodworker, and I would have built a table for my children but I didn't have time this year to do it. When I started looking around for a table to purchase, I was immediately struck by two realities: 1) most of these tables are completely overpriced, and 2) most of them are poorly constructed and made of cheap materials. As a person that works with wood, I know junk when I see it. Kids furniture should be safe and made to be durable. MDF, although a great material to work with for stuff around the home, doesn't bode well in this regard. It will become instantly ruined if wet, is difficult/impossible to repair if chipped -the same goes for other commonly used materials (particle board, etc). This table is constructed on 7-ply birch veneer plywood -strong as anything, and looks like solid wood. The parts assemble with screws & nuts at the joints, and will go together in about 20 minutes. This is the only table that I found that satisfied my requirements for build quality, appearance, and durability. In addition, I thought the price was reasonable considering the price of the rest of the junk on the market. The table has a small lip to keep parts from falling off the top, and there is room below for baskets or rolling shelves if desired. Recommended.

I searched a lot before choosing a train table. I was looking for something: large, durable, not made of laminate, and a reasonable price. I bought this table for 50% of its retail price, and I feel that I got a very good deal compared to what else I could have gotten for that price. The table is large and a standard train table size. We use the Melissa and Doug train set on it, and it works very well. It has a lip around the edge, but this is not so deep that it's hard for little kids to reach across (I think the Melissa and Doug and some of the Kidkraft tables have too deep a lip). Our table does tend to slide across our wood floors when kids lean against it--this wouldn't happen on carpet, and I'm sure we could get little rubber feet to prevent that if we wanted to. The table is very simply, yet beautifully, constructed. While not what everyone might want in their living rooms, for a play room or family room, this is a beautiful table.

Buy Activity Table Now

The ONLY reason I purchased this table was because it is shown with the drawers.NOTHING on the advertisement states that it is just for the table.The table is overpriced for what you are getting as there are lots of other options out there. It was not until the box was opened that I realized there are no drawers with it.

Read Best Reviews of Activity Table Here

I really should have read the description more, as one of the main reasons I got this table was the two large drawers underneath. However, they are NOT included, and are ridiculously overpriced (they cost more than the table: $170! For two drawers!!).

The table is very large and sturdy however, so we'll be keeping it. Now I need to head to target and find myself some containers for underneath.

Want Activity Table Discount?

I was unsatisfied with the quality of this product. If someone was paying attention when the wood was milled, they could have chosen the better sides for exterior pieces. The wood laminate was warped and contained lots of knots. Perhaps next time I will go with "Made in China."

Save 38% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment