Lipper International Child's Slanted Top Desk and Chair

Lipper International Child's Slanted Top Desk and Chair, AcaciaThis desk is really nice, great wood, solid. But two of the dowel holes weren't deep enough on the chair and I had to drill it out myself.Also, the top of the table sits flush on the right side of the table but there is a gap on the left.So something is uneven there. All in all, for a child's desk, it's a good deal.It's just a shame that they didn't pay more attention to the details.I'd recommend it more highly if it were a bit cheaper. If these 2 issues hadn't arisen, i would have given it 5 stars.



Bought for my 2 and 5 year olds for Christmas and they absolutely LOVE these desks.Great size and much roomier than I expected!A "solo cup" size cup, filled will markers can stand straight up at deepest part and top can still close!Would recommend to anyone who has kids that love to color, draw, do projects, etc.!

Buy Lipper International Child's Slanted Top Desk and Chair Now

The first desk I assembled was near perfect. A small crack in the wood on the back of the desk was the only defect I could find. The top closed flat and the hinges worked very well to keep the top up and provides enough resistance when closing that the top doesn't slam.

The second one I ordered (to replace an awful quality pecan-colored version of the same desk) was not quite a perfect. The top doesn't close quite all the way on both side, one side stays up a about 1/4" unless pressure is applied to it (while writing, drawing, etc.). Even this one with it's minor imperfections is 100% better than the pecan-colored one that I returned, that was an absolute piece of junk.

NOTE: The espresso one is made in Thailand and the pecan one is made in Vietnam, beware of this difference when considering any of the slanted top desks from Lipper International.

The pecan colored model used a different hinge altogether which bound up when opening and closing. The espresso hinges allow the top to go just past vertical when fully opened. The pecan hinge allowed it to be open a little more than about 60 degrees. The top didn't sit flush on either side when closed, sticking up about an inch, pressing on the top to fully close would flex the back of the desk (where the hinge attaches to inside). I cannot stress enough that the quality coming from the Vietnam factory is far inferior to that of the Thailand factory.

Read Best Reviews of Lipper International Child's Slanted Top Desk and Chair Here

Perfect for a child... my grand son loves it...easy toput together...good quality..amazingly hold tons of stuff that he needs..

Want Lipper International Child's Slanted Top Desk and Chair Discount?

I loved the design and bought two for my kids. My kindergartner was super excited about being able to store her things in her own desk...Sadly the desk, which I still think is beautiful, has very odd proportions for little kids. When my daughter sat on the chair she couldn't comfortably reach up or rest her arm on the desk. We tried other chairs in the house but they were too high for the desk...the problem is that by being generous with the storage, the desk doesn't leave much room for a higher chair or to lower the desk. I didn't bother opening the other package, and returned both of them. Beware that if you return this to Amazon, you might have to pay shipping charge for the return depending on what you state as your reason for return. I don't know if the product is defective or if it's simply bad design / construction, so I simply stated that I no longer want it, which apparently is not good enough reason for Amazon to pay for the return...

0 comments:

Post a Comment