Monopoly Nostalgia

Monopoly NostalgiaI love this set. It is modeled after one of the original Monopoly set designs (there were only a couple of other designs before this one since Monopoly was introduced) and it is very fun to look over everything and see the differences in the pieces and the board compared to today's version. I really wish it was bi-folding like the Classic Monopoly set, these boards that fold in 4 seem flimsy and there are too many creases and a huge cut to the center of the board to achieve the smaller folding size. This is one of the Hasbro Nostalgia sets, and they all come in the same size wooden box for convenient storage so I suppose hat was done for that reason, and it is not enough to affect my rating. His is an awesome set to have for any Monopoly collection, or anyone interested in vintage replicas.



Playing Monopoly with London landmarks brings back past vacations there, and brings back memories. In contrast, I have only once been to Atlantic City (where the original game was based), and wasn't interested in the least in revisiting it. But a game is more than reminiscence; it should be fun and well-made. And this one holds up. The square wood case is durable and handy, with built-in cash holders. One disappointment was the cash: it seemed very small in size and the paper was pretty thin. I was hoping for some nostalgic paper money.

Buy Monopoly Nostalgia Now

This wood version of the game is wonderfully durable.It looks attractive when playing and when on the shelf.It has a classic aged look.

Read Best Reviews of Monopoly Nostalgia Here

As far as Monopoly sets go, I can see keeping this one for life. The box is solidly constructed and the game partsitself is well made. I also like that the board is a bit smaller than normal the basic Monopoly board is larger than necessary in my opinion. The one negative is that the board folds in four and so it seems a little more prone to damage. However, overall, this is a great set.

Want Monopoly Nostalgia Discount?

I got this as a gift do my boyfriend of. Year & a half. He loves monopoly & he loves history. This included both. I'm not sure who was happier about the gift. He fell madly in love with it & so did I. Plus... it came in 10 days earlier than expected! Thank you Amazon!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment