D & D Minis: Heroslayer Hydra # 20 - Lords of Madness

D & D Minis: Heroslayer Hydra # 20 - Lords of MadnessThis is one of two hydra miniatures I could find online to use in my Dungeons and Dragons game. Using a miniature to represent what my players are fighting really increases their enjoyment of the game, so I try and have at least one representation of each kind of monster they are fighting.

This hydra in particular has a very high market price online, with an average of $40-$50. If you don't have a lot of money to spend and feel crafty, I have seen people buy a handful of cheap dinosaur toys and epoxy extra heads to one. I am short on prep time for my campaign as-is, so I chose the costly but quicker route and bought this mini for $40. It is huge in both size and base, meaning your characters are in for a real encounter should they face this creature.

Overall, the collector nerd in me is still excited when I take this bad boy out. If I treat it well, maybe my son will one day use it in his own game. Thanks for reading and good luck in your dungeoning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment