VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet - Pink

VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet - PinkFirst let me say that we haven't actualy given them to our grand daughters and grand son yet, as they are christmas presents. i will say that we have played with them for several hours so far and find it to be pretty cool. it works as its supposed to regarding the different funtions. the music player works with MP3's and it sounds great. you will be surprised at the quality of sound the speaker puts out. Its not a bosse but its pretty darn good for the size of speaker. the video player works good.i installed a movie onto the SD card (AVI) and its picture quality is dammed good for being a toy as well as the sound. i will ad that there are no controls for the video player. meaning when you start a movie your only choices are exit or watch till end, theres no pause, FF, RW, Stop, and if you want to stop it you have to go back home and when you return to the movie you will have to start watching from the begining. with the Vtech website you can buy more games and books and they are basicly free because you can use "V-COINS" that your child earns from playing. but they also give you 7 v-coins when you get a new innotab. the ebooks are very good, the only thing i didn't like was that only certain words can be chosen to click on to get the meaning, only the ones that are highlighted. it has a datebook/calender that you can ad notes / appointments to, this seems good for helping a young child to develope skills on taking responsability for appointments and being on time. and it has a calculator, the pictures also look pretty good. and the slide show feture works well. so far i have installed onto the 16GIG SD card 3 movies, 6 ebooks, downloaded 9 games from vtech, 30 songs, about 20 pictures and we still have plenty of space on each card. the game cartridges don't actualy take space on the card so that leaves you plenty of space for music or videos.

how to install music on your innotab?

when you get your innotab and SD card you will need to install the card, turn on the system, click on the icon for music. there will be one free song in there, do the same for the video icon. you need the innotab to create the folder you will use later. once you have clicked on music and video and backed out. turn off the Innotab, NOW your card is ready for receiving the files,you can install files by using the USB wire or remove the SD card from the Innotab and install it into your PC SD card reader. (the later is faster)

if your using the USB wire connect it to your PC, go to the Vtech website and download the Vtech Learning Lodge, and install it onto your PC, open that program and click on file manager, there you will see the Tabs for Music, Movies and Pictures. the music and pictures install simple, but you wil notice that the movies feture doesn't work. to install movies just use windows to install the movie file into the folder thats Marked "MOVIE"...open my computer, then look for removeable drive, then LLT, then open the folder that says Movies and just paste your movie in, eject and your done.

let me also say that the batteries die pretty fast so i recomend getting the AC adaptor. i feel that considering the Price Vtech should have included one for free. also the pouch is pretty well made. its a neopreen so it offers a little padding.

oh also i want to note that the touch screen doesn't work that good. when your try and swipe the screen it sometimes eccedently chooses an item rather then moving the screen. i'm not all that sure if thats me or the screen. but the pencil seems to work better then a finger.

Fantastic Bang for your buck, great technology!, Originally purchased the leappad, but returned it for this product. The battery life in both the leappad and innotab are comprable and a problem! I bought 2 sets of rechargable batteries and switch them out. Batteries last about 2 days max with lots of play. I also purchased the ac adapter ($9), solving much of the battery issue, and can plug it in while they play for battery free play. The touch screen seems easier for my 4 year old, and the games using the touch feature ROCK, vs leappad which requires more games and reading the ebooks with the pen, which can be easily lost as it is magnentically attached to the side. The mp3 player is awesome and can be listened to WITH headphones! THe art studio is unbelievably creative and keeps my kiddos occupied for hours! You can color and change photos you download as well, super fun. The e-reader is amazing! The words as highlighted as they are read, and is completely interactive as the kids touch individual words, characters etc. The story can be read as the kiddos move their fingers or pen over the words, or it will just read it for you(as the words are highlighted across the page) as the characters act out the story. The games (although it seems that there are much less than the leappad) are actually a much better buy. They come with 5 individual apps per $20-25 purchase (e book, 3 games and 2 creative activities) vs leappad, where you pay $20 for each individual book, game or app. (you get 5 for the same price as 1). They are expanding their library and the v-tech online Learning Lodge has many more apps, books and games not available in stores, many of which are free or very low cost ($5-15) vs leappad, where they start at $7 and go up. Motion games are super cool, but not super easy for my 3 year old to navigate, but my 4 year and 6 year old have mastered it! With a lower initial price tag, and more value in the games and apps, and many freebies plus bonus of mp3 player, it is much more bang for your buck. Don't buy into the name......it is awesome!

Buy VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet - Pink Now



I'm pretty sure, despite the few "less than perfect" reviews, that the LeapPad does not have expandable memory.....which is why I went with the Vtech Innotab in the first place.From what I've seen, the Leappad only has 2 GB, and does not have expandable memory.I put a 16 GB SD card in both of my daughter's tablets and modified the specs so that I could put some kid movies on it.It looks like I can put about 5 or 6 movies on it (leaving room for the educational stuff, of course).The picture quality is great.I'm giving these as Xmas gifts, so I'm working with the tablets at the moment and getting them set-up with movies, etc.So far, I'm impressed.My only concern is the screen.....I'm considering putting a screen protector on them just so that my littles don't end up scratching them, some how.I put screen protectors on everything so that they last.My goal is that they'll leave my iPod alone.:)

Read Best Reviews of VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet - Pink Here



()The Vtech is less expensive.Looking at the current Amazon listings, much less expensive.

The Vtech is "faster".By that I mean it powers on and off more quickly.Also, games seem to start more quickly.

Voice prompts. They are about equal.I think the same guy recorded the lexicons for both machines.

Clarity of instructions.Both machines are very good.

Screen responsiveness.From my experiences the LeapPad is better.There are some times when the Vtech just doesn't respond.

Styli.The LeapPad comes with a soft tipped stylus to protect the screen.It broke right away.However, by daughter manages just fine with her finger.The Vtech comes with a hard tipped stylus and is not likely to break.That's good because with the Vtech there are times when you need a stylus.That's bad because I can see the screen getting damaged.

Durability. The LeapPad feels more durable.

Sharing.The LeapPad supports four named accounts and a guest.The Vtech only one named account and a guest.

Ability to take pictures and videos.The LeapPad is the clear winner since it has a camera and the Vtech doesn't.

Ability to transfer pictures and videos.The Vtech is a clear winner.After putting in an SD card I connect the device via USB, it shows up as a drive, and I drag/drop .JPGs and .AVIs from my camera to it.I still haven't figured out a proper combination of parameters to get ripped DVDs to be recognized.(The ones in the manual are both non-stadard and don't work.)

"Funness" of games.For the games I've tried that are similar on both devices the LeapPad version tends to be more interesting and fun to play.At least judging from my daughter's reactions.

Educational value of games.For the games I've tried that are similar on both devices the LeapPad version tends to offer more educational content.

Bottom Line:For even money I believe the LeapPad is the better choice.At current prices (except, apparently on Amazon) where the LeapPad is about 20% more I would still got with it.However, there are things that speak for both devices and neither would be a bad choice as a gift for this holiday season.

Want VTech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet - Pink Discount?

I was very excited when I found this product, especially for its capability to load videos. However, when I received the product I was disappointed.....

it has no memory whatsoever (so you will need to purchase a separate memory card if you decide to purchase this).

The touch screen is not as responsive as I would have hoped for ( I understand it is a child's toy and not an iPad, but I expected something a little better than this)

The biggest disappoint I had(even though I am very good with computers) was that it was very difficult to upload videos. I think its video upload capability was referring to uploading home videos vs movies, which the preview of this product mislead you to think with the Cars 2 preview.

In all it is not a horrible product. My girls do enjoy playing with it. My expectations were too high for it I guess.

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment