Wild Zoo Furniture Childs Wooden Computer Desk for 1, Ages 2 to 5, Maple/Tan

Wild Zoo Furniture Childs Wooden Computer Desk for 1, Ages 2 to 5, Maple/TanThis desk was easy to put together and shipped promptly.The seat is actually large enough to support my two year old and four year old when they want to be on the computer.I was very impressed with just how sturdy the desk and the attached seat is such a good feature.We had a previous desk where the seats weren't attached and at least one time my oldest tipped backwards and hit her head.Just another great portion of the design on this desk where quality and safety come together.I highly recommend their desk and was looking to see if they sold other items that might help our playroom.

I bought this desk along with the "grow kit" and the hutch for my 2 kids 1.5 year old and 3-year old.I also bought the Koncept Z-bar High Power LED desk lamp that fits this desk perfectly, takes practically zero desk space and runs cool no risk for burns.This review is just for the desk.The review for the hutch and the lamp are on separate pages.

This desk is perfect size for my 1.5 year old, but I feel that my 3-year old will overgrow it quickly. The "grow kit" is good and it converts the desk into the "grade school" size, but it costs an extra $50 not worth it for the 2" difference.If I had to do it over again, I would skip this "preschool desk" and buy just the grade school desk variant the next time around.My kids are tall, though (I'm caucasian). But if your kids are tiny, you may find the preschool size more appropriate than I did. Everything else (besides the height) is exactly the same between the desks.

Pros:

Good design.My 3-year old daughter loves it and spends at least an hour each day at this desk doing her "homework" (coloring, drawing, tracing letters, cutting with scissors and gluing scrapbook pieces).It is an excellent desk that encourages those types of activities.

Very sturdy.

Attached bench no chairs to move or to tip over.

Easy to clean and very easy to vacuum around and underneath.

Cons:

The laminate quality is on the cheap side. It is way below the quality of laminate that one would find in a typical office furniture.The laminate feels a bit bumpy to the touch and feels thin.I feel that it will peel away or wear off easily and will likely let water through if the kids spill any liquid on it and let it sit. The laminate just feels a bit flimsy and was below my expectations.

Everything else is great about this desk and I'm sure my kids will get a few years of good use of it!I recommend it, but I would like to see if the laminate quality of the "prodigy" line is any better.

Buy Wild Zoo Furniture Childs Wooden Computer Desk for 1, Ages 2 to 5, Maple/Tan Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment