Best Value Tournament Chess Set - Filled Chess Pieces and Black Roll-Up Vinyl Chess Board

Best Value Tournament Chess Set - Filled Chess Pieces and Black Roll-Up Vinyl Chess BoardIf you are looking at buying a chess set for a school or community chess club, this is the one you want. It's cheap, the pieces are indestructible, and it's what everyone uses at U.S. Chess Federation tournaments.

And, if you get a choice, you want green and white for the board.

I bought another one that came with a bag for 10 dollars more. This is the EXACT same set without the bag. The quality is excellent and the price is very good as well. Nice sized pieces. Perfect weight (despite being only single weighted)

Buy Best Value Tournament Chess Set - Filled Chess Pieces and Black Roll-Up Vinyl Chess Board Now

Pieces feel very sturdy and the mat is a decent quality. You might need to place this by a window or vent when you first receive because the mat has a really strong plastic/neoprene smell at first.

Read Best Reviews of Best Value Tournament Chess Set - Filled Chess Pieces and Black Roll-Up Vinyl Chess Board Here



I am just starting to learn how to play chess and really love the game, even if I'm a pretty bad player right now. I have been looking for that one perfect game that my whole family can enjoy-once I teach them how to play. After buying and returning 3 different chess sets to the stores over the past 2 weeks, of not being completely satisfied with the quality and/or prices of each, I have finally found just what I was looking for right on amazon!

This set is GREAT! I love the overall size and feel of the pieces in my hand. The quality is wonderful! They are solid plastic except for the empty space down the center of the insides of each piece. These are meant to be this way. This is the "standard" set. They are left empty with no weights inside of them. A felt bottom is put on to cover up the hole where a weight would usually go. If you want to do it yourself, you can just carefully peel back the felt sticker and add your own weights. In a way, this is the cheaper way to go. The double or triple weighted sets are already done for you but cost more. The weights add to them to prevent them from falling over or getting knocked over by any slight movement, or if you play outside in a windy day. They are already pretty good weight, but an added weight just adds an extra protection from that.Anyway, I still love these pieces. They are very durable, meaning if you drop one on a hard surface they should not break so easily. They are not so heavy either making them great to travel with even though they are very big in size. These are the same quality pieces used in chess tournaments and clubs. They are a very thick and tough hard plastic. Very nicely made and detailed. Very smooth and a little shine on them. I can't get over how big they are! The king is almost 4 inches!

I love the board! I don't understand the complaints from some of the reviews of other customers. I don't agree with any of them. The board Does NOT crease, and does NOT smell horribly bad enough to open a window! NO. It will only crease if you fold it. I strongly recommend you don't. Then it will leave creases hard to get out. The board only had a light plastic-type smell as I opened it new from the box, but just after 2 minutes I don't smell a thing. And it is not a bad smell. In fact, I kind of like the smell-I know that sounds wierd but it does sort of have a nice "new" smell to it, but very light. The board is VERY BIG! I love it! It is not as thin like others have said. NO. It is a good thickness that it does not curl up at the corners like other's have mentioned. I have no need to pin it down on something. You're supposed to roll it up like it came in the original box. You roll it like a poster or tube. You roll it so the chess board is facing you with the underside is on the inside. The board is said to be a little over 19 inches on the ad on amazon. The board I recieved is said to be 20 inches! I beleive it because it is so HUGE! It is so easy to roll up again and take anywhere. I never had a problem with the corners curling or it creasing on me-as long as I roll it like I explained. It is very durable, and easy to just wipe clean with a soft, damp cloth. Oh, and as most people love the green board, I love this black one. It matches the pieces more. I don't see any problem with black and white squares.

The only drawback I have is that I wish this set came with a bag but that would cost more. I bought this set very cheap because it does not come with a bag. To buy the bag alone would cost quite a bit so I think I can find any bag that would work just about as good somewhere els in the stores. I need one that can fit two sets though. This set was so cheap that I purchased another one of the exact same pieces, but that set did not come with a board. Only a little square shaped bag that can only fit one set. I purchased two sets for a reason. If you really know how to play chess you need two sets. Once your pawn reaches the opposite end of the board, it transforms or graduates into any piece that you have had put out of the game or a new one all together. Usually it is a queen that is chosen. That's the reason why these plastic tournament pieces come with 1 extra queen for each side. But it does not necessarily have to be a queen. It depends what works for you at the moment of play. Of course most of the time we choose a queen, since it the the piece that has the most power. There may be times when you want a different piece, so that is why I ordered another set. Also, what if you get more pawns at the end? More queens? You can have up to 4 queens with two sets!!! That is cool!

At least they give you one for each which is totally cool, since no other chess sets do that. To conclude this, it is a great set for a great price and just what I wanted! I am VERY happy with it and highly recommend it! The price is excellent. I figure because people need to buy a lot of them in bulk for chess clubs and schools, so the price needs to be so low. Really, Trust me on this. Get it! You will not be dissatisfied!

Want Best Value Tournament Chess Set - Filled Chess Pieces and Black Roll-Up Vinyl Chess Board Discount?

This is a good starter set for someone that wants the feel of playing with a set of pieces that are weighted quiet well and are tourment sized pieces. I am happy that the pieces are made as good as they are so when i move them i can tell they are in my hand. The playing board is shaky ground and what i did was use another board which is a hard broad to play on and since you are getting a good price on the pieces you can afford to fine you a broad to play on. So my final statement is that the pieces are worth what you are paying and second just get you another broad to play them on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment