Alex Toys Little Hands, Clay Pictures

Alex Toys Little Hands, Clay PicturesMy daughter was just given this for her third birthday, and though she seemed content to play with it, it seems like a toy with very limited use. The clay that the kid is supposed to stuff in the plastic mold is very stiff, and the small holes in the mold make it difficult for someone of her age to push in neatly. She smooshed the clay as best she could, but without my help she could not possibly make the picture look like it does on the box. If she were old enough to work the clay to make it supple and then carefully stuff the holes, I'd think she'd be old enough to be bored by this not-very-creative toy. To use the mold more than once, you must carefully pull the clay from the holes and try not to make the colors mix.

The clay alone would be more fun; don't bother with this if you have small children and don't want to "help" them do the whole thing.

I don't think this is too hard for a 3 or 4 year old to do, but my issue is that some of the colors of clay do not work at all.The blue and green color were completely hard, and when you try to use them for the picture, they just crumbled like dried out play dough.Didn't seem to happen with the other colors.Just 2 of the colors.Not cool.

Buy Alex Toys Little Hands, Clay Pictures Now

I agree that the clay is hard. Harder than it should be and yes a kid won't be able to make it without assistance. That said it does provide great practice for fine motor skills. My son was engaged with it for quite sometime so it could also depend on the patience level of the kid. We proudly gave it as a birthday gift to his uncle who loved getting it. I hope Alex toys read this and makes the clay softer. Else like someone suggested get your own clay ! I like the fact that there is no messy glue, or glitter or pieces that create a clean up situation later. I think it would be great for an inflight situation too.

Read Best Reviews of Alex Toys Little Hands, Clay Pictures Here

I agree with the other reviews.This toy is too hard for a three year old to push the clay (which is not very soft) into the holes. I had trouble myself making it neat enough to result in an attractive picture.In addition, the toy is boring.Within the first five minutes of taking the project out of the box, my child was just interested in playing with the clay.

Want Alex Toys Little Hands, Clay Pictures Discount?

I bought this toy at clearance at TJ Max for a very small price. Usually Alex Toys are a good value, this one was not so great. As another review stated, it was too hard to fill in holes with the clay they provided, I had to do most of the pushing myself. My daughters (4 and 2 at that time) used leftovers to build something else, but overall not much fun.

Save 31% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment