Bachmann Trains Santa Fe Flyer Ready-to-Run HO Scale Train Set

Bachmann Trains Santa Fe Flyer Ready-to-Run HO Scale Train Set
  • EMD FT diesel locomotive with operating headlight
  • 2 Freight cars and off-center caboose
  • 36" circle of snap-fit E-Z Track
  • Power pack and speed controller
  • Illustrated instruction manual

The main reason for buying the Santa Fe Flyer train set was to get a christmas present for my "old man", who loves trains with the Santa Fe logo on it. To make him happy I decided to get a locomotive as well as a freight car with the Santa Fe logo on it and place both on a track in a nice display box.

Coincidentally, as I browsed through the toys section of my local supermarket, I ran into the Santa Fe Flyer train set from Bachmann. It comes with the needed Santa Fe locomotive as well as three freight cars. So instead of spending around 60 US$ (MSRP according to Bachmann's website) for the locomotive itself, I got away with only a portion of it.

Needless to say I had to try out the train set, even though the locomotive will be a display item only. After reading the posted reviews on Amazon I was frightened to do so, but got pleasantly surprised. The set comes with an easy to read, step by step manual. Putting together the so called E-Z track system was actually easy, even though it takes some patience to do so (it gets you a 36" circle). It also takes a little bit to get the locomotive and the freight cars onto the rails, but this is a very detailed toy in a small scale and not a Tonka truck. Power comes via the included speed controller, which is connected to the rails via plug-in wire (cannot be mixed up). The locomotive runs very smoothly, even at a slow speed. The knuckle couplers make adding cars to the locomotive/train an easy task. All in all, this set comes with all you need to get started and the items are of a very good quality.

On the package it recommends an age of 8 years or older. This is o.k. if your kid is patient enough to deal with something detailed and delicate like this. Otherwise you might have to help a little bit.

Considering the price of it (I paid only 30 US$), the set is a great deal. Especially if you want to find out if your kid is into model railroad as a hobby. And if not, use the set for yourself, buy additional equipment and turn your attic into a big HO scale train scene. ;-)

Buy Bachmann Trains Santa Fe Flyer Ready-to-Run HO Scale Train Set Now



I ordered the H0 Santa Fe Flyer Train Set from Creative Toys & Hobbies. I had a large collection of H0 engines and cars as a child. The tracks they have now are much more durable and adaptable. I was suprised that nothing was loose in the package. Everything came in great condition, and earlier than expected. No complaints.

For those of you considering ordering this for a child under the age of 10, keep in mind they should be supervised. H0 trains run on an electrical current. While durable, they are not intended to take a beating from children.

Read Best Reviews of Bachmann Trains Santa Fe Flyer Ready-to-Run HO Scale Train Set Here

I purchased this train for my 4 year old despite the bad reviews.The reason why I purchased it was because I knew what I was getting.A good quality train set would cost 3 to 4 times the amount I paid for this train set.Also this train has a recommended age for an older child so I knew I would need to closely supervise my son.Setting up the train was a pain but once we got the train going it was fine.Just to note the engine is very sturdy and the wheels are made out of metal but the rest of the trains, the hopper, gondola and caboose is made out of plastic.I feel this is a good starter set and I can slowly replace the rest of the train cars with higher quality cars.I also appreciate that I can plug in this set instead of constantly replacing the battery.

Want Bachmann Trains Santa Fe Flyer Ready-to-Run HO Scale Train Set Discount?

My daughter liked the fact she finally received a train ecspecially for her birthday, except it doesn't stay on the track long enough to count to ten.

Save 36% Off



My husband and I bought this trainset for his Grandmother who has always wanted a "real" trainsset. She is obviously not a fanatic who needs state of the art stuff, just got happy seeing it going round and round, and this train was perfect. The track was easy to put together for me, with good eye-sight and patience, but it was still a bit tricky. The only time it de-railed was when the rail was on the floor and I was walking around making the floor move a little.

I don't think this is a toy for kids at all, but it's a great buy if your looking for a basic train set for an older kid or a grown-up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment