Cardinal Industries Dominoe Table Top

Cardinal Industries Dominoe Table TopThis was the first table top I have purchased. I've since graduated to a larger table, but just wanted to express my thoughts AND a little tip that will go for any of the quarter-fold tables available here on Amazon.

Basically, I love this table. It's highly portable (even more so once I give you my helpful tip). And it's great for people learning the game, because of the built-in tile holders. When players get more experienced, they like to hold the bones in their hands. But it's nice to have the option of holding them, or using the tile holders.

The playing surface is a bit smaller than the more expensive table tops available, but you'll just have to get a tad creative with how you play the tiles.

Because the playing surface is felt, the mixability of the tiles is a little hampered, but can be done with not a lot of effort. Also, since the playing surface is felt...if you play with mostly adults, I wouldn't recommend smoking around the table. Have ashtrays available, or not allow smoking around the table. The drink holders will fit the average 12 oz beer/soda can and/or drink glass. You'll want to wipe out the holders before storage. To keep clean, use a tape lint roller. And maybe you might want to spray the table with Scotchguard before it's first use.

Now, the biggest complaint about all quarter-fold tables is that, because of their design, you're going to have a gap between two panels. That's necessary in order to be able to fold the table. I used a bracket once to close the gap, but then I could only fold the table in half. I then took plywood and screwed it to the underside of the table, but then I couldn't fold it at all anymore. So how can you close the gap, but not mess with the design of the table. Take two wood screws that are about two inches in length. Screw one into the SIDE of the table top about 3/4" to 1" away from the gap. Screw it in almost all the way. Do the same with the other side. Then take a rubber band or a twisty-tie and wrap it around the two screws tight enough to close the gap completely. When game play is complete, remove the band or tie, and fold the table for storage.

If you take care of the table, it should give you a long time of enjoyment. I bought this table back in 2005, and it lasted until January 2009. That's because I was taking it to tailgate parties, and because I screwed the board flat, I had to pack it into my car with chairs and tables. The table and chair legs ripped the felt and cracked the tile holders. Otherwise, I'd still have it today.

This is a great table. Honestly, you can find it cheaper elsewhere. Seek it out. But you have my recommendation to buy it wherever you see it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment