Periodic Round Table PRT-150 3-Dimensional Periodic Table

Periodic Round Table PRT-150 3-Dimensional Periodic Table
  • Element symbols and atomic numbers are burned into eight hardwood disks, arranged symmetrically around a central axis
  • Uses cylindrical symmetry to display underlying quantum orbitals of the elements
  • Includes newly approved symbols for elements up to atomic number 109
  • Model measures 6" (Height) with 6" base (Diameter)
  • Made by Vermont craftspeople

I appreciate well-made products, and this one does not disappoint.The discs are real hardwood and the lettering indeed looks as permanent as the wood itself.It will stand up to the rigors of my toddler playing with it, and when he's done it still looks great (and is thought-provoking) when I stack it on my desk.The form is actually playful in its simplicity, it is very much like a child's stack toy.

As hard as it is to imagine the discovery of new elements, with this product it is pretty easy to see how they might fit into the overall table and relate to the other elements.The ordering of the elements and visual appearance of the product bring back mental images of orbital probability fields from high-school chemistry class whenever I look at it, it definitely has affected what I think about when I see the periodic table. Obviously I don't make my living thinking about chemistry, but I do appreciate having this to ponder upon.

Buy Periodic Round Table PRT-150 3-Dimensional Periodic Table Now

This was ordered as a gift for my favorite armchair scientist.Upon receipt of this item it was immediately obvious that this is a suitable gift.Many of the letters are burned too deeply and illegible.Some of the disks are not "printed" evenly and have letters falling off the edge of the wheel.This item is completely useless if it is not legible and attractive which it is not.

Read Best Reviews of Periodic Round Table PRT-150 3-Dimensional Periodic Table Here



Just a quick review to state that mine came in excellent shape with all the symbols & letters burned into the wood in the correct spots so that all a legible. However, the "burn in" was not even as some symbols are very dark while others very light. Also, it would have been nice to finish the wood with shallack or some other poly. It's as if the manufacturer went "half-way".

This is a periodic table.....nothing more. In fact it is less as the atomic weights are missing. I work with High school kids and the atomic weight is needed for many problems. It is great for a paper weight or to learn the basic elements but it really not done correctly. It is "half" good.

Want Periodic Round Table PRT-150 3-Dimensional Periodic Table Discount?

I received my PRT-150 hardwood yesterday and all I can say is AMAZING! As a chemistry student who just graduated with my bachelor's degree, this is truly a unique graduation present. My periodic table is legible and well made.

Any chemistry student will enjoy and appreciate this gift.

Save 6% Off



As an ex-science teacher, I have quite a few gadgets in my office that speak to past teaching positions. I love the construction of this periodic table! It has invited conversations with students and teachers as they come by to visit with me. If you are a chemistry teacher, you will want this for your classroom to have students compare to the standard periodic table.

0 comments:

Post a Comment