Melissa & Doug Deluxe Sea Life in a Box Jigsaw Puzzles

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Sea Life in a Box Jigsaw PuzzlesI purchased this puzzle for my 97 year old grandfather who can no longer manage more than 12-14 pieces without assistance and cueing.

Pros: It is very difficult to find puzzles (or any other activities) for adults with cognitive deficits without resorting to childish images or pop culture icons that are usually completely irrelevant. This set of four puzzles, 12 pieces each, are colorful, durable, and though would certainly be enjoyed by kids, are not juvenile pictures. The fact that the sea creatures conjure up memories of the years he spent in Florida is a bonus for us. As his full time caregiver, I appreciate that he developed mastery with this set very quickly and can do them independently for about an hour every evening without getting frustrated or bored. (He is sitting with me at the kitchen table working on them right now as I write this review!) These puzzles have become part of our regular quiet time activity before bed.

Cons: The images on the box were too small for him to see easily for reference, but I assembled each puzzle and made a color photo copy for him to refer to as a guide while he is working. This was an easy solution. The box is great for storage, but the pieces must be 'just so' for the cover to fit, and it is impossible for him to slide it in place by himself. I am sure this would be an issue for most kids under five.

I've just ordered two more Melissa & Doug puzzles "in a box" to offer him more variety, though I think this may matter more to me than to him at this point. If you are looking for an activity for an adult with memory impairments or other cognitive limitations, this could be just the thing.Good luck to you.

Beautiful artwork on these puzzles and they are perfect for the 3-4 year old age group.My five year old still loves them but she is a puzzle fanatic.They come in a little box that they can easily be put away in, that helps if you are worried about losing pieces.The pieces are very durable and large enough to not be too complicated.

Buy Melissa & Doug Deluxe Sea Life in a Box Jigsaw Puzzles Now



I purchased these puzzles for my 3-yr old, and she LOVES them... they arrived today, and she has been playing with them non-stop!!While the puzzles are on the small side, the illustrations are beautiful, and the pieces are of a very good quality...I like the fact that the 12 pc puzzles are challenging without being overwhelming for her like a 24 or 48 pc puzzle would be!!I am definitely buying more of these!!So far, these are getting more playtime than her Dora dolls!!..lol...

Read Best Reviews of Melissa & Doug Deluxe Sea Life in a Box Jigsaw Puzzles Here



I purchased two sets of these puzzles for my son because he loves the 12 piece transportation M&D puzzle he already has.Putting four puzzles together with a divided area beneath the top of the box is a brilliant idea, but my son doesn't keep them separate from each other, so the pieces are allmixed together.This causes him to not bother with sorting them.I think it's a great product, but maybe I'll put it away until he's a bit older and less annoyed with "not having all of the pieces". (As an aside, he's 3.) As always with M&D products, the quality is terrific.I love their stuff, in general.Also, having the 12 piece transportation puzzle, I thought this 12 piece would be a similar size...it's not. I didn't look at the dimensions, but it's a much smaller puzzle than the other one that my son loves so much.It's absolutely worth buying, but wasn't perfect for my son like I thought it would be.

Want Melissa & Doug Deluxe Sea Life in a Box Jigsaw Puzzles Discount?

Fantastic product!We have 3 sets of these and my son LOVES them all.I purchased the first set when was about two and a half.At this age he still enjoyed his peg puzzles, but I could tell he was ready for more of a challenge. These puzzles are perfect!Each puzzle contains twelve pieces.Assembled they are approximately 5" x 7".The wooden container is divided into four sections for storage; the container has a slide on lid.The back of each puzzle piece is stamped with a shape (different shape for each puzzle) for easy sorting.We have not had any problem with the wood splintering.The pieces are a little tight at first, but, after several assembles, they loosen and are easy for him to snap together independently.My son is three now; this is still not an independent activity for him.We have to do about 3 or 4 pieces together and after that he can do the rest himself.I see this as something that will definitely grow with him.Several reviewers commented on the small size.I guess since I had read these reviews I was expecting small.To be honest, I like the small box better than the large board puzzles that must be stored assembled...and you get four puzzles!Highly recommend this product; would make a great birthday gift for a 3 year old!

Save 10% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment