SE Magnifier/Third Hand

SE Magnifier/Third Hand
  • Set and hold your work at any angle
  • Great for hobbies, precison soldering or electronics work
  • Magnifying glass for close inspection work

I bought this stand to fix my micro rc heli, and it was almost perfect, but not quite.

Not much to this really, just a stand with two (tight) alligator clips and a magnifying glass on a relatively heavy base. The problem is pretty much every piece of this stand pivots. This is good one hand that you can adjust everything, but bad because really even tightened all the way, some joints may pivot without you wanting them to, thereby causing the stand to fall over.

The stand would have been perfect if the main bar had some way of locking into place, but even so it's 5 bucks, I can't complain much.

Buy SE Magnifier/Third Hand Now



The Helping Hands/ Magnifying glass is a big help when trying to hold something small--like jewelry--and work on it.I modified mine a bit by moving one of the arms so that instead of the magnifying glass being in the middle, it's on the end.Since everything can be slid around, the magnifying glass can still be over what I'm working on, and I have the 'hands' close enough together to hold smaller things.I also put a strip of electrical tape around the clips to put a little protection between them and what I'm holding, so there's no risk of scratching what I'm working on. The base is surprisingly heavy so I can use it for anything small enough to fit on there and balance. The one other thingit could use is a light--to me that would give it a 5 out of 5 rating.It was very inexpensive, and worth way more than it cost.I'm very pleased with the purchase and will recommend it to my friends.

Read Best Reviews of SE Magnifier/Third Hand Here

Everytime I get it set up, stable and ready to do a project it falls over

Want SE Magnifier/Third Hand Discount?

I need to find a way to mount it because it is sort of light on it's feet, but I attached something to end and then can hold this. lol Sounds silly I know but sometimes it's just so much better to have a helping hand instead of holding it yourself.It also nice to be able to walk away from a paint job on a model without worrying about messing it up.

Save 45% Off

I find this too small and flimsy. It tips over easily while in use. The alligator clips are too sharp. Leaving marks on what I was working on. And the magnifying mirror is just in the way.

I'm glad I didn't spend a lot, because this is one tool that will find its new home at the bottom of the junk draw.

0 comments:

Post a Comment