5 Ft Turbo Tube Slide Green

5 Ft Turbo Tube Slide GreenThis slide seems to be pretty decent, but the instructions could use some help. The instructions state that the slide should be assembled first, and then attached to the playset, but I found it easier to attach the top of the slide and then add sections as I assembled them. Also, the included lag bolts for attaching the top section are too long for most playset crossboards and stick through on the interior of the playset. I ended up adding a second layer of boards across the top and bottom of the opening for the slide to make sure no sharp points were sticking through that could cause injuries. There was an insert included in the instructions stating that a flat washer should be used on the top two lag bolts for attaching the top of the slide to the playset, and while I think it makes sense to use the flat washers, I opted to use them for *all* of the lag bolts attaching the top of the slide to the playset. The heads on the included lag bolts are not that much larger than the holes for the lag bolts in the slide, and I was concerned that the lag bolts could pull through, especially on a hot day when the plastic would be softer. I did have to purchase additional washers because of this (I ended up 3 short due to using 10 more than called for), but washers are inexpensive.

The only issue I encountered was one hole seemed to be miss-aligned on the slide base. There are 6 bolts that hold the base on, and 5 out of the 6 lined up fine. The last one was off by about a quarter inch.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the slide. I'm no construction expert, but had little difficulty in assembling the slide by myself.

Save 1% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment