Lipper International Child's Round Table & 2 Chairs, Natural

Lipper International Child's Round Table & 2 Chairs, NaturalI ordered the rectangular version of this table and chairs set even after reading the other reviews.This was after my husband said that he could get it together no problem.When the table and chairs arrived my husband was busy, so I tried putting everything together.I had a hard time getting all the screws in and was close to stripping the heads as well.My husband helped me out.He backed out all the screws, applied soap to them as lubrication (i.e., from a bar of bath soap) and screwed them back in.The table and chairs are as sturdy as can be and the quality of wood is wonderful (especially for the price...most sets I looked into were in the $300 to $500 range).I would recommend this product.

For reference, we had considered a $40 set from Ikea and a $250 set from PBKids.I am so glad we went with this! I love that the table and chairs are all solid wood.No cheap veneers to hide MDF or particle board!I also was pleased to find out this wood is not raw, but has a thin clear finish [and not a thick polyurethane coating--different pictures on different sites make it hard to determine].It seems like I could use tung oil in the future or another natural wax if the finish wears away, but it might take years; it looks that durable! The box corner was smashed when we received it, but the contents were unharmed. The box was not that heavy, but I unloaded it at the front door anyway. There was a wood smell, but no chemical varnish/adhesive smell as with other furniture we've purchased.One of the table top slats had some stain that looked like sun-bleaching, but this is for a kid's room and will soon be covered by books or crayon or paint, so I'm not worried, and it's not that noticable. FYI, the "shelf" is not open the entire width of the top. It is mounted to the cross supports, so there are 4 wedge-shaped shelf sections between the legs.As for ease of assenbly, when I tried to attach the second table leg, I couldn't get the screw in and I thought, "Oh no, here we go... just like those other reviews about holes not lining up...", but as it turns out, my 2 year old "helper", shoved some dowels [for the chairs] in there, so the assembly really was a cinch once I distracted him with another project!The table and chairs are slightly too big for the 2 year old, but he can still climb on and off the chairs easily [the table reaches his mid-chest while seated].I know he'll get many years of use. Mommy and daddy can fit on the chairs too!The round shape is great for smaller spaces [compared to a square].I recommend you buy before they discontinue this solid wood set!

Buy Lipper International Child's Round Table & 2 Chairs, Natural Now

I had hoped the opening in the table had gone all the way through. It is quite small and does not hold much. Other than that, I like this table. Very easy to put together.

Read Best Reviews of Lipper International Child's Round Table & 2 Chairs, Natural Here

Two of the 4 chairs we purchased broke within 2 years of purchase.They were only used by children under 8 years old and weren't thrown across the room or jumped on by monkeys.They split apart generally starting by the drill holes.

The table has never been completely stable.Didn't notice this until we installed wood floors.The table rocks back and forth.I trace this problem to the mismatch between screw lengths and screw holes mentioned by others.

Could have been a lot better, they do look great and are perfect size for the under 10 set.But they just don't last.

Want Lipper International Child's Round Table & 2 Chairs, Natural Discount?



I ordered this for my son who will be 2 in march. I love this set. It's very sturdy my son likes to stand on the table and jump. The chairs support a full grown adult with no problem. It looks very high quality better than the products you would get at your regular local stores. Also, I painted the top of the table with chalkboard paint and it went on smoothly. I'm planning on buying 2 more chairs. I don't remember having problems with putting this together. The chairs were especially easy to put together.

Save 22% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment