South Shore Libra Collection 3-Drawer Chest, Black

South Shore Libra Collection 3-Drawer Chest, BlackI purchased this dresser as a stop gap solution since I just moved into a new home.

For $60, you get a reasonable quality dresser. South of Ikea quality, but not laughable.

That is, of course, if you receive all the appropriate pieces. The unit I received had an extra drawer left side, but one too few right sides. No problem, right? South Shore says they will ship you replacement parts free of charge.

So three weeks and several phone calls later, I received my replacement part: The backing plate to an entirely different dresser.

I've submitted another request for parts and I patiently await their response. Based on my interaction so far, I expect to receive a tea kettle, several rubber bands, and the Best of Earth, Wind and Fire on vinyl.

Make no mistake this product is of cheap quality, and looks much better in the photo than when you receive the package. That being said, it isn't that bad, especially considering that you are paying 60 bucks with no shipping for a 3 shelf dresser. You won't find anything for that price at any store if you are on a budget. The parts are also cheap, and the shelves are secured by plastic pieces that you hammer into each shelf. The value isn't bad and I would recommend this if you are just looking for some basic storage and nothing fancy.

Buy South Shore Libra Collection 3-Drawer Chest, Black Now

I read all the other reviews AFTER I bought the unit and I was expecting some smelly thing to arrive and stink up my house.I did smell something that I could best describe as a "new dresser" smell, but it was not bad and the very next day I did't smell anything at all.That being said, let's get to the building process.I got the drawers put together with no problem at all, but when it came to building the frame, that's where I ran into problems. I don't think it is because of the item itself, because the instructions are pretty clear and it all goes together kind of the same way the junk you get from Ikea does. My problem came in trying to put the bottom together and I was doing it alone, so when I got one side together and tried to attach the other side, it fell apart and broke. I am going to contact the manufacturer and see if they will replace the broken piece.The next problem arose as I got the whole thing together (finally) and tried to put the drawers in.You have to precisely get the plastic piece on the drawers to fit into the plastic pieces on the frame.On each drawer I was able to get one side in but not the other and it took me like a half hour just to get the drawers to go in correctly. I will admit that I have a bad back and my vision is not so great, so again, the problem may have been me and not the unit. After it was all done I stepped back and looked at it and marveled over what a cheap piece of junk it was.But at the end of the day, it fit perfectly in the space I had bought it for (I bought it to fit inside of my son's closet to store his underwear and socks) and the drawers open and close ok.I am not confident that it will last long, and I may have to buy another unit in the future, but this one will do for now and at the very least, it proved that my idea to put a small drawer unit into the closet instead of taking up floor space in the room was one hell of a great idea.The closet looks neat, it is functional and it will hopefully help my son not throw his clothes all over the floor.All in all, if you can get it together without breaking it, you will probably enjoy it for as long as it lasts, which may not be long...but we will see, won't we?

Read Best Reviews of South Shore Libra Collection 3-Drawer Chest, Black Here

This is one of the three pieces I bought from this collection and I was very happy with the price and quality.Of course it is not high end furniture but it is durable enough for my 8 year old son. This particular piece has very roomy, smooth drawers. Also, I love the modern look and semi-glossy finish.

Want South Shore Libra Collection 3-Drawer Chest, Black Discount?



Let me just say that I knew I wasn't purchasing a high quality dresser when I bought this. I wanted something small, attractive and relatively sturdy.

I got what I wanted. I have now had this dresser for a two yearsand it is still in great condition. It took us about 30 minutes? if that to put it together. The directions were very clear and it came with all the pieces we needed.

Great for a child's bedroom.

ONE tiny complaint. Due to the material, it is easy to see finger prints. Luckily for us, it sits in an area of the room that doesn't get significant light... so this isn't really a problem for us.

Save 17% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment