Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity Case: iPad Edition

Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity Case: iPad EditionThis has been really nice for protecting the iPad from babies and the babies from the iPad, but you'll have to modify it just a tad to get full use out of it.Works fine with my iPad 3.

The two main problems are:

1.) Can't turn it on/off (or recharged) without removing iPad from case.

2.) Some apps may have areas of the screen you want to protect against the babies pressing.

For the first I set the iPad to automatically turn off after 15 minutes of being left alone, then drilled a small hole over the Home button.Now I can turn it on with a pen, and it'll turn itself off when they're done with it.Don't have to recharge nearly so often.

For the second I found that cutting a thin piece of cardboard in the shape of the area you want to protect works wonders. The fit is tight enough that there's no need to use tape or glue it'll stay in place.I had a piano app with a config button that allowed them to get to Facebook and iTunes, but with the cardboard problem solved.

I like this case. I probably would not buy it again though. Here's why: It's expensive for what you're getting. It adds a good amount of size and weight to your iPad but I guess it has to in order to make your iPad rugged. I tested this with a first generation iPad and the fit is perfect. I can't speak on later versions of the iPad and whether or not they would rattle around inside this case. It's difficult to dry this thing after washing it because internally, there are lots of little spaces where water can get caught. You do not want your iPad in this thing unless it's completely dry. The screen produces a lot of air bubbles (the same air bubbles that you get when applying a protective screen to your iPad). The flaps in the back that pop up to make a stand are worthless. Laying the iPad flat on a table with one of the flaps popped up does not raise the iPad high enough for children to see and use the iPad. The toys in the handle just get in the way. Without the toy rings in the handle, it makes for a great handle. But with the toys in there, it makes carrying the iPad with the handle difficult. The free apps are fun and interactive but you do not need to purchase this case to buy them. Just search for "Laugh & Learn" in the App Store. There are 4 apps in all.

Buy Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity Case: iPad Edition Now

First thing is:I just paid $26 with FREE shipping and now it's almost $50?????? Seems shady. However, this is exactly what I've been looking for. I have 2 toddlers in my home that are early learners and I have lots of apps for them. The home button of the iPad screams "push me" when you're 2 years old. I like that it has the option for covering the home button or leaving it open to the protective touch screen for when Mommy wants to take it back. I also like that it's almost impossible for little hand to remove the back. Yes, it's adds weight, but that means its harder for them to lobb across the living room. Yes, it's bulky, but I honestly don't mind. Now I don't mind allowing my daughter to sit and play with my iPad. Giving her supervised independence and giving me peace of mind is what I was looking for and it's what I got. By the way. I typed this review with my iPad in the Fisher-Price case.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity Case: iPad Edition Here

As most "child centred" tablets are really deficient in terms of number of apps, battery time and need for re-charging, we settled for an iPad for our two and a half year old and it is really good as a learning, playing and teaching tool. However, it was always going to take a battering by being thrown, smashed, sat on and ... you get the picture!.This product has proven to be very durable, strong, not too heavy, but just heavy enough to discourage too much throwing around by a toddler. It also allows reasonable picture quality through the screen. It has been dropped, scratched, smashed and thrown around but the iPad is very well protected, i couldnt have found a better product to protect the iPad. One major failing is that in designing the thick strong casing and protection, there is no way of adjusting overall volume, switching the ipad off, using headphones or doing anything that involves controls on the iPad's own casing. Otherwise i recommend this highly.

Want Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity Case: iPad Edition Discount?

This is the best purchase I have made for my iPad.

I have 3 toddlers. They can use my iPad to play games, view videos, etc without me having any fear of damage.

The protective shield for the face of the iPad doesn't hinder it's capability at all.

The children have dropped the iPad and the insulated case has protected it from damage.

My only criticism is that you have to remove the iPad from the case in order to charge it and you need a tool, coin or butter knife to turn the mechanism on the back of the case to remove the iPad. It would be nice if something were included that attached to the case.

Save 17% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment